YOUR GATEWAY TO
- Loans from £50 – £25,000
- 60 Second Applications with Instant Decisions
- Every Responsible Lender
How to secure Business Loans in the UK if you have bad credit
If you are a business owner, taking out a loan for various business needs and purposes would be quite challenging if you have bad credit. Banks and other traditional lenders will simply be too hesitant to grant you the financing that you are looking for if your credit history is not that stellar. This doesn’t mean that there is nothing you can do to obtain a loan however. In fact, there are steps that you can do to ensure that you enjoy the kind of funding that you need and there are also business loans for bad credit that you can consider and below we will discuss all of them.
Business Loans: Present a viable business plan
Lenders will always want their money back and how you are going to pay back your loan is essential in their lending decision. To convince lenders that you are worthy of their business loans, presenting a viable business plan is one thing that you can do. Here are some important pointers that you might want to consider:
- Make your business plan as simple and accurate as possible. The point here is to let lenders know that you have a potential business in place and the money that you borrow from them will become instrumental for its profitability.
- It should also provide the meatier parts of your business operations such as products and service descriptions, its strengths, weaknesses, the opportunities that you are ready to exploit, and the existing competition in the industry and how your business fairs against them.
- Present a breakdown on how you will use the money that you borrowed for your business. Again, be as simple and precise as possible so it would be easy for your lender to understand where the investment will go.
Rebuild Credit rating
So you can enjoy the best business loans available, you might want to put your credit rating to favourable levels. There are numerous ways that you can go about this and it all boils down to the little things like paying your bills on time and clearing off any kind of debt that is presently tied on your name or business.
Overall, rebuilding your credit rating will involve these vital actions:
- Repaying your bills and debts on the agreed time and manner
- Clearing off debts as early as possible and minimizing your use of credit
- Getting a copy of your credit profile from the major credit agencies in the UK – Equifax, Experian and Call credit – and examining any errors that would have adversely impacted your credit score.
Consider Online Business Loans
Conventional business loans from mainstream lenders should not be your first choice for funding if you have bad credit. It’s simply too hard to find a bank or traditional business financing institution who will work with you if you don’t possess a solid credit rating.
What you may want to do is to focus your search on online business loans provided by alternative lenders. Majority of these lenders are willing to strike a business financing deal with you despite your poor credit history. They are also easier to access and their eligibility requirements are pretty minimal making it easier for you to be approved.
There are also numerous advantages that you can enjoy from online business loan such as:
- There is little to no paperwork involved when you’re applying for business loans online. The approval rates are also quicker and higher.
- Most online lenders offer application platforms that are very easy to accomplish. It’s simply hassle-free with no interviews and falling in queues whatsoever involved. Plus, if you opt with short-term business loans, there is no need to offer some form of collateral to secure them.
- Online business loan lenders also use state-of-the-art systems that can calculate an applicant’s eligibility with lightning speed. Through this technology, a lender can instantly determine whether you are qualified or not in just a single day. This is a whole lot faster and more efficient than the snail like process of traditional business loans.
And when you search for business loans, you can also maximize Google or any other search engine’s power to direct you to a list of potential lenders without breaking a sweat. What’s more, you can easily search for relevant information on a particular lender through forums, review sites, and comparison sites anytime and anywhere you are through your smart phone.
You might also want to consider putting a guarantor in your business loans deal
Offering a guarantor will also help you secure business loans with flexible borrowing amounts and payment terms despite an adverse credit rating. If you are completely new to guarantor loans for business financing, here are some of its features:
- You apply for a business loan together with another person who will co-sign the loan agreement.
- The guarantor is someone who will vouch for your credit worthiness which means he should be personally close to you like a friend or brother. Someone who is financially linked to you cannot be considered as a guarantor which means that your spouse will not be suitable for the role.
- Depending on the lender, your guarantor may also have to be a homeowner in the UK.
- Your guarantor will need to be someone who has a strong credit rating and an income level that can cover the loan’s repayments. This is because if you default from your loan, the guarantor is legally obliged to take over them.
- The type of business loans is especially suitable to UK borrowers whose credit ratings are quite problematic.
It’s important to note that majority of business loans that can cater bad credit tend to have higher interest rates compared to other loans. However, these financial products may be the only options you can consider to finance your business. They can also be a great opportunity to rebuild your credit rating to positive levels as long as you make the proper repayments. With a higher credit score, it would be easier for you to access other types of business loans in the future.